Monday 22 October 2012

Independent Research On Horror Movies


Hi everyone, just to show you what movies I have been researching and what I found most interesting! Please feel free to comment and give me some feedback :)

 Halloween
This movie has many conventions of a horror movie which made it very interesting and helpful to research. Although Michael Myers - the killer - is not looking for revenge in such a way he is still killing a lot of people, this happens in all of his movies due to the fact that he never actually dies at the end of all of them. Michael has escaped from a mental institution to find his sister after so many years. The police know that it is him killing people they can just never seem to find him and when it comes down to they are near him, they can never catch him. With the creepy music that plays in every movie it helps me with ideas of how I should portray the killer, whether he is creepy and walks after his victims to build tension or whether he is like a killer from another movie like Scream who just gets it 'over and done with'.

I'm adding a link of the theme song of Halloween, feel fre to comment on what you think and feel. If you have anything you think I could add and consider for the conventions please let me know!






I know what you did last summer
This movie helps me with the fact there is a serial killer on the loose seeking revenge on a group of teenagers who did a bad thing one summer. The killer uses this as his advantage to scare the group and then kills them one by one leaving a few survivors at the end. The second movie - I still know what you did last summer - is near enough based on the same thing. I liked the title of this movie especially as I think I can play around with it and come up with something similar for my own movie that will give of the message straight away.

I'm adding a link to show you one of the parts of the film, let me know what you think. Its a bit brutal, and only watch the first few minutes!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzEWZY9YdsM







Scream
This movie would most probably be on everyone's list! Being so popular in the serial killer department, I used this film for a lot of information. With all 4 movies being based on different serial killers who are in some way looking for revenge - Scream 1 having Sydney's boyfriend seeking revenge for her dead mothers affair with his father, Scream 2 having Sydney's now dead ex-boyfiend from the first movie's mother being the killer seeking revenge for Sydney killing her son, Scream 3 being Sydney's long lost brother seeking revenge on the fact he was rejected by their mother, and Scream 4 being Sydney's cousin seekng revenge for all the fame Sydney got. This has many conventions of a horror movie and it helped me a great deal on the fact of how to portray the killer is a serial killer at the beginning of my movie.

I'm adding a clip to show a scene from Scream, I want to show how the killer plays with his victims before they die to build tension for both the victim and the audience. 




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulykPn5ZUVs&feature=related&safe=active









Amusement

This film was one of my main researches. The film is about a man who is after 3 girls from his childhood who used to make fun of him. He get's them into situations that makes it easy to kidknapp them and perform different forms of toture upon each victim. My film idea is based on a killer seeking revenge on his childhood peers due to the fact they used to bully him and reject him in many ways.



1 comment:

  1. I really like your research and you have good analysis skills. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete